Hi Team -
As we move through December, it’s hard to believe 2025 is just around the corner! I’ve truly enjoyed visiting your classrooms over the past few weeks, seeing you in action, and learning more about the incredible work you’re doing with your students. Thank you for welcoming me into your spaces and for sharing your work with me. I look forward to continuing this in the new year and beyond.
To gather your thoughts and feedback, I’ll be sending out an internal Climate Survey before Winter Break. While it’s not required, I hope you’ll take a moment to share your perspectives on how the CTE office is meeting your needs—and where we could improve. You’ll have the option to include your name or remain anonymous. I may share general results with my supervisor and building administrators, as appropriate, but all identifiable responses will remain confidential.
Updates from Last Week:
OHS/CTE Monthly Meeting
Planning for potential vacancies
Conditional teacher renewal in 2025
Legislative Updates with WA-ACTE
Expand approved CTE programs and funding to include 6th grade.
Create a 45-day “Grace Period” for CTE Temporary Leave Replacements
Return Class size ratio to 19.5:1
CHS/CTE Monthly Meeting
Student recruitment to ensure class funding
Use of a larger format printer
Program focus and growth
OPSI/CTE/T&L/Business/Tech Meeting
Program Review (audit) began on 12-4-24
All required documentation must be submitted to OSPI in mid-January.
If you receive a document request, please plan to submit it by January 13th.
One key item needed: A roster of students participating in your Extended Learning (as outlined in the Program of Work).
Happening this week:
Teaching Instructional Leaders Meeting
Complete the updated Grad Pathway Document
Submit final Dual Credit Documents to local Community Colleges
WA STEM Meeting
CTE/T&L/Business/Tech Meeting (Program Review Updates)
South Sound Council Advisory Meeting
Thurston County Business and Education Network Meeting
Thank you for all that you do. Have an excellent week everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment