Hello CTE Team -
As we transition into the winter season, I am
delighted to reconnect with each of you and share that I am back after
welcoming new grandchildren into our family. I want to extend my deepest
gratitude for the understanding and support many of you have shown during my
time away. Your flexibility has allowed me to be there for my family
during this difficult and significant time, and I am incredibly appreciative of
your understanding and commitment to our programs.
With my focus returning to our work at Olympia
School District, I look forward to revisiting some of the goals discussed last
spring. Although my attention has been on my family, my commitment to
ongoing communication remains strong. I will resume regular updates here,
along with reminders in emails that will include key points and district-wide
updates.
This week, on Wednesday, I invite our West Side CTE
Teachers to meet and begin working on our Annual Program Documents. This
session will center on Program Evaluation and the 16 CTE Criteria. We
will gather at 2:40 pm in Room E2 at CHS (Amanda's Room). Please bring
last year's Program Evaluation, if available, and your laptop to assist in our
work. If you would like to receive clock hours, please register through
the PDEnroller link [HERE]. Please
Note: While the time listed in PDEnroller says 2:00 pm, we will be
starting at 2:40 pm to minimize impact on the Substitute System.
Many of you will notice on your monthly budget
report that you now have $500 in your 8000 budget line item for travel.
This is to build some budget capacity for field trips, CTSO, PD, or other
CTE-related travel. If you do not use these funds for travel, you can
leverage those funds for Materials, Supplies, and Operating Costs at the end of
the year. If you go over that amount, the CTE office will ensure that
your MSOC budget is not negatively impacted. This will allow you to
clearly see the cost of travel in your budget reports.
Thank you once again for your ongoing support and
dedication. I look forward to reconnecting and working together in the
weeks ahead.
What’s happening this week in CTE, OSD and Beyond:
- Technology TOSA Meetings
- OHS/CTE Monthly Meeting
- SchooLinks Implementation Meeting
- PD Annual Program Docs with West Side Staff
- OSD Communication Focus Groups
- OSD Board Work Session Thursday @ 6:00 PM
- Thurston County Business and Education Network
Comments
Post a Comment