Hello CTE Team,
As we approach the holiday season, I hope you're making plans that will refresh you and bring joy for Thanksgiving.
Winter PLC Meetings
I’m working with HS Building Leaders to finalize the dates, times, and locations for your Winter PLC meetings. These meetings will focus on Work-Based Learning, Dual Credit, and Industry-Recognized Credential reports. Since middle school teachers don’t report on these areas, the meetings will be for high school teams only.
Updates from Last Week
Student Support, CTE, T&L, and Business Office Meeting
The Business Office will reach out to staff using InTouch to ensure training on the new interface.
Business Office has confirmed that no changes to District Travel Policies are being considered at this time.
South Sound Council General Advisory Committee (GAC)
Following a teacher’s request, I asked GAC members if they would be interested in participating in classroom or CTSO activities. I’m hopeful we’ll have a few volunteers offering their time and expertise to enrich your students' experiences.
Technology Updates
Software Purchases/Subscriptions: Since software purchases or subscriptions need Technology approval, we are working to ensure approvals are processed promptly.
AI Software: Use of AI software for your work has been approved. While there isn’t a policy on student use of AI yet, a team of OSD staff is actively working on it.
Connectivity Issues: For those dealing with connectivity challenges, the Technology team is aware of your frustrations and is working to resolve them. I’ll update you as I learn more.
Upcoming This Week
The Technology Team to finalize a CTE replacement schedule, which will be shared once completed.
District Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
District Leadership Team Meeting
HR and CTE Meeting
High School Administrators Meeting
Thank you for all that you do, and I hope you have an excellent week ahead!
Comments
Post a Comment