So you have some computers.....
I want to ensure you are all aware of the status of computers beyond student Chromebooks. While many of you do not have additional equipment, those who do are deeply invested in using their equipment in the best possible way to enhance student learning.
Technology is committed to creating an inventory of all CTE-purchased computers including location, type, date of purchase, and specs. Once this inventory has been completed, they will make a refresh cycle for this summer and ongoing.
My goal is to have this information in my hands by June so that you all know where you are in the refresh cycle and what that looks for on an ongoing basis, allowing you to plan for new equipment.
Thanks Paula, I have a cart of old Mac's I'm not sure if the are CTE or not, they have been in this room for many years, but are all dead (at least according to technology) I have not had the chance to fully implement illustrator and engraving-minus taking time to teach one or two kids at a time on a PC that runs the engraver. Hopefully we can get them sorted and possibly new ones before next fall. Keep me posted!
ReplyDelete